1. Mix all ingredients for dipping sauce and set it aside to let the flavours bind.
2. Get all the ingredients ready. Wash and pick all the leaves so it will easier to roll later. Blanch prawns in boiling water for 2 minutes and dip them in cold water to cool it down.
Once cooled, peel and halve the prawns
3. Take a piece of rice paper and quickly dip it in water. After a quick dip, it should still be quite stiff. It will soften as you start filling and rolling.
Don't soak it until completely soft because it will be very difficult to handle.
4. Place wet rice paper (still quite stiff) on clean surface and fill with fresh herbs first, followed by some cooked mee hoon.
I used some salad, Thai basil leaves and fresh mint. Don't put too much Thai basil because it will completely overpower the taste of everything else
5. Roll the herbs and place prawns last so you can see it through the wrappers.
Roll it up like a spring roll
6. Repeat step 3 and 4 until all ingredients or rice paper are used up.
7. Best eaten straight away with dipping sauce.